Re: HELP!!! ld.so disaster!!

If you still have the rescue disk, boot as if you are doing an install.
Select the color screen if you wish, select the keyboard, select the swap
partition (no need to do a surface scan), select "Mount previously
initilized linux partition" do this for all the partitions on your system
to get them mounted ... DO ***>NOT<*** select option to initialize a
partion ... this will erase it! All you usually need to do is mount your /
partition unless you have /lib on another (unlikely).

Do a ctl-alt-f2 to get to another screen. cd to target. your system is
mounted under this directory. cd to the /target/lib directory and copy
all the ld.so files from /lib to /target/lib. go back to the main
menu, pop out the floppy and select "reboot system".  THings might be ok.

> PLEASE HELP!!! HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??
> PLEASE REPLY TO ric@americasnet.com
>
> thanks
> Ricardo
>

> --

George Bonser
Debian/GNU Linux  See http://www.debian.org
Linux ... It isn't just for breakfast anymore!