Re: YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain Watkins

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Ian & Gill Watkins wrote:

[ Could you please configure your mailreader to break line at 76
characters, thanks ]

> I have started receiving this message since installing the remainder /
  most of the Debian system.

> The domain on my home net is called watkins (original huh?).

Which domain? The DNS Domain or the YP Domain ?
The message YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain Watkins
is from the NIS/YP service.

$man hostname
       hostname - show or set the system's host name
       domainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name
       dnsdomainname - show the system's DNS domain name
       nisdomainname - show or set system's NIS/YP domain name
       ypdomainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name

I don't use NIS, so I can't help you any further.
If you don't want to use NIS (or even don't know what it is for), then
just deinstall the package.

Ciao,
	Martin