DNS Problem

If you've got a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

I've just had a client contact me.  Their getting the following in /var/log/messages:

Dec  2 12:47:16 inetgw named[140]: "axionet.com IN MX" points to a CNAME (mail.axionet.com)
Dec  2 12:47:16 inetgw named[140]: "axionet.com IN MX" points to a CNAME (smtp.axionet.com)

Brief info on their system config.  It's a diald device for their internal LAN.  fetchmail retrieves from a multi-drop box and delivers locally.  named is running locally for spoof internal DNS config and to forward all external to ISP nameserver.

All's been working fine for months.  They say nothing's changed.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Kevin Traas