Re: allow mount to normal user

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Adam Klein wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 05:02:06PM -0600, Paul Serice wrote:
> > Adam Klein wrote:

> > > The problem with that is that you can only specify one filesystem type.
> > > I've got this problem two.  Is there a solution?
> > >

> > I believe using "auto" as the file type should do the trick.
> >

> > Paul Serice
>
> Nope, that doesn't work.
>
> Adam

I use auto, it works fine for me as long as the proper module is
loaded.

One can also put multiple entries in fstab for the same device with
different mount points. This will allow different types of disks to
be mounted without using the auto feature.

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills          *     Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.               *
* wpmills@midusa.net     *     http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/ *
* wpmills@sound.net      *     http://www.sound.net/~wpmills/       *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *