Re: Laptop computers

On Wed, Nov 26, 1997 at 08:20:03AM +0100, Miguel A. Arranz wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> A friend of mine is considering the purchase of a laptop computer
> in order to get connection via PCMCIA card modem. Can you recommend
> some combination of computer-card to run Debian on it?. I know that
> there are special disks for Tecra, but some other suggestion would be
> highly welcome (Acer ...).

I'm running it on an Acer, works fine, only APM does not work correct...

Check out the linux-laptop homepage.  It's on
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

If the CL65550 chip is compatible to the CT65550 then just look
at some of the acer machines in the list of models, some of them come
with a working XF86Config.

Regards

	Joey

 /                 Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only /
/          proved it correct, not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth /