MB without VGA card?

Does anyone have info on running a system without a VGA card?  I'm looking
to build a "router" of sorts and I'm running out of available slots...  The
one card I'd like to do without is the video card....

It's an ASUS Pentium motherboard.  In the BIOS, there's only options to
select mono, CGA, and EGA/VGA video.

I remember in the past seeing motherboards with BIOS's that had video
selectable as "none".

So, question is:  If my MB doesn't have the option to choose "none", can I
run it without a video card?  Will it boot?

I'm sure you're thinking, "why not just try it?"  ... well, I'm looking for
a quick/lazy answer.... <grin>

TIA,

Kevin Traas