Re: parallel zip and scsi-kontroller conflict

In article <rboh39m8qi.fsf@fphp06.tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>,
	falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de (Falk Hueffner) writes:

> Joerg Plate <Plate@Psyche.HB.North.de> writes: I had similar
> problems when having the zip driver as a module. After compiling it
> into the kernel, it worked fine. Probably the driver has to find the
> zip drive while booting. If you find a solution how to do it with
> modules, please notify me ;-)

I'm not sure about the scsi conflict, but I have a working solution
with the parport patch installed and lp, ppa, and parport as modules.
Everything works fine.  If the scsi problem is actually a problem with
unpatched ppa modules in general, the parport patch may be a
solution.

Good Luck,
Erv

--
Graduate Student                                edwalter@iname.com
Department of Chemistry                       walter@chem.wisc.edu

I am OLX of Borg. Your tagline will be assimilated.
 -- tagline 1.00 by xopy