Re: zipdirve

In article <XFMail.971124165402.azcappy@psychobabble.dyn.ml.org>,
	azcappy@psychobabble.dyn.ml.org (Keith Holler) writes:

> One more thing that might be a bit confusing... The Parallel Zip
> Drive installs as a SCSI device under Linux and does not as of yet
> support port thru for a prin ter plugged into the Zip Drive. If you
> want to connect your Parallel Zip and a p rinter at the same
> time... you will need 2 Parallel ports. I recommend the SCSI type of
> Zip Drive because it is faster and doesn't screw with your printer.
> Keith

This is not true.  The parport patch to 2.0.x kernels provides the
ablility to use the printer on the passthrough port at the same time
as the zip (I can print a file on a zip disk).  It is quite stable
(never had a problem) and adds EPP support to the zip driver which
greatly increases the speed of the parallel driver.

This support is of course standard in the experimental series 2.1.

Good Luck,
Erv

--
Graduate Student                                edwalter@iname.com
Department of Chemistry                       walter@chem.wisc.edu

"Take my Worf, please!" - Data (The Outrageous Okana)
 -- tagline 1.00 by xopy