Re: change IP

You will have to edit the file /etc/init.d/networks... you will
have to change IPADDR, and maybe BROADCAST and GATEWAY, depending
if you change subnets.  If you do, make sure you edit /etc/networks
also.

Once you make those changes, as root run /etc/init.d/networks
to test your new settings.  You shouldn't need to reboot.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875