Re: Removing obsolete packages

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Dirk Bonne wrote:

>     Lukas> Hi, When I remove a package, which contains files also
>     Lukas> contained in other packages, is it removed?
> dpkg will refuse to remove a package if it removal would break another
> installed package (except if you force dpkg)

Okk, I deinstalled it and everything still worked.

I once removed the pcmcia-cs-binaries after having compiled the
pcmcia-source, which is in the main tree (the binaries did not work) and
it removed the newly compiled binaries. I assume this was a special case;
I didn't want to risk anything, and perl is very important to debian.

Thanks for your help.

Gruss
--
Lukas Eppler (godot)