Re: 2.1.30 and 3c900 module: Transmitter access conflict

feri@fiz.uni-lj.si (Ferenc Kiraly) writes:

   > The subject says it all: I am installing a Debian 1.3.1 system on
   > a brand new PC with a 3c900 Combo board.

   I use that card with the vortex driver and it works fine ... I
   think the 3c59x module is the wrong one.

Thanks for you answer.  I don't know about the vortex driver.  Anyway,
the 3c59x is okay for that card.  Its author, Donald Becker, told me
that indeed the autoprobe for AUI does not work, because of apparently
insufficient demand for that feature.  However, I have as yet no
explanations for some (apparently innocuous) error messages appearing
at and shortly after module iniatialisation.  The card seems to work
okay.

I brought the discussions on the linux-vortex-bug@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
list.

Again, thanks to all that have helped.
 -=- MIME -=-

--Boundary_(ID_Fy0Nmukjup0C7yYi9Ndneg)

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields: