Re: diald / ppp routing problems on hamm system

Bonard B. Timmons III <timmons@ezy.net> wrote:

> Oops!  My so-called solution has a symptom looking for a problem.
> >From the syslog:
>
> kernel: sl0: transmit timed out, bad line quality?
> kernel: sl0: transmit timed out, bad line quality?
> last message repeated 2 times

Yes, I was getting these messages too.  But when I cleared up my
routing problems by changing the nsswitch.conf file, those messages
disappeared also.  I haven't received a good explanation for them yet.

Maybe you have an additional problem with your diald/ppp configuration?

I'll be happy to share my configuration files with you via
direct email if you would like.

--ken

  Ken Lauffenburger          / /                    __  __
  ken@efficient.com         / /  D e b i a n  G N U \ \/ /
                       ________http://www.debian.org________