Re: NIS problems

"Bao C. Ha" <bao@hacom.net> writes:
> I am having problems configuring NIS in Debian 1.3.  I set one up as
> master and one as client, no shadow passwd.  From the client, I can do
> "ypcat passwd", and see NIS distributed users.  But when I try to log in
> as one of the NIS users, it just does not work.  I think I am having a
> passwd problem.

The first thing to check is to make sure your plus entries in /etc/passwd
are A-OK.

Also, I know the NIS in "hamm" requires an /etc/nsswitch.conf file to be set
up (look at the libc6-dev docs for more info) in order for the system to
see the users - but I don't think you need it for Debian 1.3.  Might
be worth checking out anyways, just in case you have mixed libs or something.

Cheers,

 - Jim