Re: xscreensaver

 > Hi.  Trying to run xscreensaver and I get the following messages:
>
> Xlib:  connection to "0:0" refused by server
> Xlib:  Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> Error:  Can't open display :0.0
>
> Running fvwm95...43a and x 3.3-3, kernel 2.0.27, xscreensaver 1.27.1.

	Are you using xdm, or have the file .Xauthority in $HOME?
I got this a lot when I tried running x progs. as another user (su root) or
something while logged into xdm as lance.

	Apparently unless a file can write, or read a cookie from .Xauthority it
won't allow the program to paint itself to X.

> thanks,
>
> tjm
> tmollica@sb.net

-Lance
--
-----
If I had a neat and nifty saying, it would go here.