Re: ppp configuring with dunc (solved)

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Eugene Sevinian wrote:

> Thanks, Richard!
> Now it works. After few attempts to modify old
> /root/.ppprc I have noticed that dunc replaced it
> by the short file with one option (defaultroute)
> and 2-3 strings as well.  Then I just added this option
> in old (and valid) .ppprc file. Hope this will be fixed later.

Actually, dunc doesn't overwrite your .ppprc file unless you
ask for the connection to be the default, in which case it
backs up your existing .ppprc file as .ppprc.old. Even then,
I doubt it would be only a few lines.  In fact, I think its
rather odd that it took you a few times of editing it to
notice that it was different.  What dunc actually does in
this case is make .ppprc a link to .dunc/<connection_name>.ctn.
This file is heavily commented -- including a header that
identifies it as being generated by dunc 2.

Now I'm confused as to what was actually wrong, and what
fixed it.  But that doesn't matter I suppose, as long as it
works now.

Cheers,

--

"Until we extend the circle of our compassion to all living
things, we will not ourselves find peace" -Albert Schweitzer

Richard G. Roberto