Work-Needing and Prospective Packages

On Aug 11, 1997, at 10:36, Philippe Troin wrote:

 > Work-Needing and Prospective Packages for Debian GNU/Linux
 > Philippe Troin, phil@fifi.org
 > $Id: packages.sgml,v 1.53 1997/08/11 17:26:39 phil Exp $

[BIG snip]

 > 6.  Programs that aren't available yet in Debian
 >
 > Programs listed in this section aren't yet available as Debian
 > packages, but there has been an expressed desire to include them.
 >
 > If you want to create a Debian package, send me an e-mail.
 >
 > 6.1.  Programming and development:
 >
 > o  ACE <http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html> (a free C++
 >    library)

Hey, I haven't even got my Debian CD yet! Once I install Debian on my
system (and wipe out Slakware), I'll take ACE and package
it. Unless someone's onto this already? I'm actively using ACE, so I
think I can handle the task. Also, if nobody is taking care of Linux
Threads (a kernel-level multi-threading package), I'll tackle that
too, since ACE works best on Linux when built atop lxthreads instead
of Provenzano (MIT) pthreads.

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm G.
gonzo@ing.puc.cl