Re: Looking for Talk - HOWTO

Mike Schmitz hat gesagt: // Mike Schmitz wrote:

> Rewrite your hosts file from /etc/ppp/ip-up, keeping the same name as
> is set in hostname. Here is an example:

   I have tried this now, but used an example from
the Dynamic-IP-Hacks-mini-HOWTO like another user
here suggested. Basically it is the same script as
your example.  To test this setup I rlogged in to
a SUN in my university and tried to "talk" me. But
again I only could see the message in my xconsole:

in.talkd[1583]: connect from sun.foo.bar.de

without getting a talk request in xterm. And yes: mesg is y.  In my
/etc/hosts now is the official ip-address and an offical DNS-name.
The SUN in my university is permanently connected to the internet.
SUN and I even share the same domain name now. Still I cannot talk
to me!?

--

				     Yours,

				Frank Barknecht