Re: qmail

"Bruno O. M. Simoes" <bruno@abril.com.br> writes:

> Hi there
> I took this file in www.qmail.org and doesn't seem to work:
> 	taz# tar -xzf qmail-1_01_tar.gz
> 	tar: Skipping to next file header
>
> 	gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
> I couldn't descompress it.
> Does someone know either if there's a debian package compiled qmail
> or what meant this error above?

The file has been corrupted while downloading.  You can try replacing
all sequences of 0D 0A by 0A (e.g. by using dos2unix or similiar
programs).  This worked for all files I downloaded using Netscape for
Windows, it seems it sometimes does a LF->CR/LF replacement even on
binary files downloaded with the "Save as..."  option.

        Torsten

--
"What a depressingly stupid machine"
                              The Restaurant at the End of the Universe