Re: Debian-Desktop

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Behan Webster wrote:

> That sounds reasonable.  I would hope that once deity is available
> that it will suit your needs.

My major interest in the -Desktop and Diety projects is the provision for
user-friendly "basic installs" ... so that the average non-linux user can
migrate to debian in a way that doesn't require them to understand unix as
a guru <before installation>.  Has there been any effort to begin
compiling profiles (and putting together decent,  basic package
configurations)?  Is diety not far enough along for this to be practical?

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu
			 http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/