Re: Unsubscribing

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> You are right, this is really high traffic here! Please read the last three
> lines of your mail, or the last three lines of my mail :-) They say, that
> you can get off the list via debian-user-request@lists.debian.org.
>                                          ^^^^^^^
> PS: This is true for every debian-* list. Just send a mail to
> debian-*-request@lists.debian.org to get removed from the list.

One IMPORTANT note for readers of the DIGEST form of the lists: Contrary
to the information at the bottom of the individual messages,
unsubscription from the digest form of the lists is at
debian-*-digest-request@lists.debian.org .  Many, many people seem to
get caught by this loophole, and some can get quite loud with their
frustrations.  I can't seem to come up with an easy fix for this
situation, unfortunately.

> PPS: If you have further trouble, you can mail to a real human being, Pete
> Templin. He will help you if he can. His email address is
> templin@bucknell.edu

True, true.  That's me.  If you do have questions or requests, it's often
helpful to tell me the following information:

1)	Your email address.  If you have multiple addresses, this can help
me tremendously, particularly if other addresses forward to a central
address.

2)	What list(s) you're on, or more specifically which list(s) you
would like to be removed from.

On a side note, some people get the Debian mailing lists by way of
intermediate lists.  If you are one of those people, I will have little
ability to help you.  It's often best to save the auto-subscription
messages from any mailing list, especially in the above situation.

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr.                   Client Services Analyst
Computer & Communication Services       tel: (717) 524-1590