Re: Migrating from Slackware to Debian?

Gonzalo A. Diethelm <gonzo@ing.puc.cl> wrote:

: If I do get the Debian Linux distribution, how hard will it be to
: install it in my Slakware system? My current system has been heavily
: modified by installing patches, new releases of existing software
: packages and new packages altogether. Will I face absolute madness, or
: is there a recommended way of going about this business?

I would re-install from scratch... I know it's painful but it'll be the
last time you do it. With Debian you won't have to patch your system
as you did with Slackware. Debian updates go very smooth.

Any way, my recommendation to instal from scratch comes from the fact
that I have no idea on how to migrate from Slackware to Debian. I
switched from Slackware to Debian about 1 year ago and installed from
scratch.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris