dosemu

I installed the debian dosemu 0.66 package the other day and I can't get
it to totally work -- my dos partition (/dev/hda1) does not show up.  In
the /etc/dosemu/conf I have the line "disk { parition "/dev/hda1" }"
When I boot, I can see the hdimage on drive c: and drive d: has a file
called "IPL.SYS" sometimes... othertimes it has garbage or nothing --
for example if I type "dir" twice, I get different dir listings..??

My kernel is compiled with "System V IPC", "MS DOS fs support" and "VFAT
(Windows-95) fs support".. .not "MSDOS fs support" (because when I mount
a win95 floppy, it is  detected as msdos...and I usually don't use the
-t option)...

Paul