Re: Smail is getting confused

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Bruno O. M. Simoes wrote:

> Hi Adriano;
> 	Based on RFC #1035,974, there's no such problem about IP addresses on MX
> entry. However, _sendmail_ sends fine. The problem is with smail. Try to
> send a mail to joe@compugraf.com.br and after verify
> /var/log/smail/logfile. What do you say?
> Thank you
> Bruno

There are going to be a LOT of things that sendmail will do that smail
will not in the current betas and next release.  You will be able to
configure smail to be tight as a drum as far as RFC compliance is
concerned.  In fact, I do not think the current betas will even accept
mail from clients such as Netscape that have a broken HELO syntax.

George Bonser
Why is it that the same people that tell us that manned space flight
is a waste of money also tell us that we have been visited by aliens?