Re: ICQ

>>Travis Cole wrote:
 >>
 >>Have him run a finger daemon on the Win95. I think those already exist; at
 >>least I've heard of one. (I don't use Win95, so I don't know for sure... But
 >>fingerd is easy to write.)
 >>

 >I will have to look for that.  But I will run into that dynamic IP problem.

It seems to me that what you're really looking for is an add-on to
-- IRC seems to be the best candidate -- a protocol that would allow
a person joining the channel/network send their ID
(eg. nick!username@ip.address) to the server.  Interested parties can
now retrieve it and start ftp/talk/whatever.  Of course you'd ideally
want an integrated client that spawns all those when needed, but that
can come later.

Difficult part is figuring out the protocol -- how IDs propagate, how
to make it secure etc.

--
Dimitri