Re: Xfree86

On Aug 1, Eduardo Goyanes wrote
> I was wondering what does "errno 2" mean when executing "startx"...this
> error is apparently holding me back from running XWindows.

"No such file or directory" (from /usr/src/linux/include/asm/errno.h), so
this doesn't help very much.

Does "dpkg --audit" complain about certain packages? Does "dpkg --pending
--configure" do anything?

You could use the "strace" package to find out what files startx (and the
processes started by it) try to access, e.g. "strace -f -e trace=file
startx".

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking