Re: dselect wigged out and everything's seg-faulting!

>>Joe Emenaker wrote:
 >
 >Does anyone know of any other libraries Perl needs or what else could be
 >making it segfault?

Downgrading libgdbm1 to the version from stable fixed it for me --
I purged libgdm1 and libgdbmg1 manually first. YMMV.

You really can't use dpkg until you fix perl because [at least]
half of the *install scripts call Perl scripts, eg. things like
install-info.  Methinks I should subscribe to developers list and
post there -- IMO this is something developers should keep in mind.

HTH
--
Dimirti
my real address is