Re: KDE install for Debian

Joey Hess wrote:

> Miguel A. Figueroa wrote:
> > least the kwm, kpanel etc) either freeze or completely die. Does

> What versions of kde are you using on the debian and red hat machines?
>
> I am the kde maintainer for debian, and I try to keep the package
> reasonably
> up to date, though it's often a bit behind the rpm.
Well, after I have read that message from Miguel Figueroa, I´ve
downloaded the actual copy of the Debian-kde-packag, but it is the same
with my system. kfm, the panel and the window-manager freeze after a
very short time (especially when using context menus on the desktop).
I am using Debian 1.24 (from a Cheapbytes CD) on a P133 machine.

I am using the following archives:

libkde0_0_10_01-1_i386.deb
libgif2_2_3-1_i386.deb.gif
qt1_1_2-3.deb