Re: qmail? (was:Re: sendmail vs smail)

>>Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

 >A related question: is there any chance of getting a Debianized
 >distribution of qmail in the near future? A mere source could do.

You can use a non-debianized version: the only difference is that
Debian already have qmail users and groups in /etc/passwd & /etc/group
so you'll need to skip most of INSTALL.ids part of qmail setup.
And you'll need to write a startup script.

 >I know that there is qmail in project/experimental (at least my mirror
 >has it), but I'd rather not use alpha software -- and I think I would
 >be violating Dan's copyright if I were to use the experimental
 >package, wouldn't I?

I don't know about the copyright, or why using debianized qmail-1.0
in experimental would be different from using non-debianized qmail-1.0
wrt copy rites.  I'm using it, and I've been using non-debianized qmail
before Christian packaged it, and they haven't arrested me (yet).  :)

--
Dimitri
-------