Re: kernel 2.0.30 causes masquerading problems

Hi,

I think the problem isn't related with 2.0.30, since I use it with
IP masq. enabled without any problem for two subnets of win3.x, Linux, and
win95.

>From your script, the main difference I can see is that I firstly
deny access:
ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -F -a m -S ${NETWORK1}/24 -D 0.0.0.0/

I put these lines in the /etc/init.d/network, after my
devices are configured with ifconfig and the routes are set.

Are your route ok? And ifconfig? (just for check! ;)

I compiled my kernel with
CONFIG_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_IP_FORWARD=y
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL_VERBOSE=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y

plus all masq. specific support.

[]s,
   Mario O.de Menezes                mailto:mario@curiango.ipen.br
 | Nuclear and Energetic Research Institute - IPEN-CNEN/SP  BRAZIL |
 |     http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario  - -   http://www.ipen.br    |