Re: PPP,Samba and Linux

OK..here is what we have to date.  I tried the winipcfg after connecting and the IP address is the same as the Gateway?  In addition I checked for samba --list and it was there but just to be on the safe side I downloaded the newest version (which is the same as I originally had) and reinstalled from scratch.

Still not able to see the Debian when I connect using PPP.  Regarding the IP/Gateway issue here is what I tried.

1. Force the IP/Gateway to come directly from the dial up adaptor
2. under /etc/options.ttyS2 It looks like this
209.41.81.XXX : 209.41.81.XXX      ###where the first value is the Debian IP and the second is a fixed IP for the dial up account.
3.  Removed the options file and had the laptop dial up system drive the IP/Gateway.

NOTHING!   Man am I stumped... I know it has to be the gateway, IP, and DNS problem but where?