Re: permissions

Dig around for things with names like cron.daily and cron.monthly in /etc.

If you look at the scripts, you will see things such as umask settings and
paramaters passed to the savelog command that look like -m 644.  These are
the permissions.  Edit them (but save the original line commented out or
save the original files in case you need to back out your changes).

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, System Account wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> 	How can i set my logs (/var/log/) so they are not world readable?
> I have tried chmod o-r messages (and others including ppp.log and
> daemon.log) but after a reboot or when cron.daily runs some are agian
> world readable. Is there anything that this would affect, other than the
> general use of the last cmd for users? Also, are there any logs that need
> to be readable by others?
>
> 	TIA
> 	    -Rob
>

> --