Re: Looking for New Maintainers

> I am listed as the maintainer of the following packages in the distribution.
> These are available for other maintainers. I would especially welcome if
> someone who wants to become a debian developer would take a package or two.
> All packages have been done using debmake and should be easy to handle.

There are two packages, which I'd like to take over from you - hopefully,
you'll later still be able to help out occasionally... ...in case of need.

> eject			Eject and Change CDs
> bonnie		Performance Test

>From those packages you listed - these are two, that I both use(d), and
that look like both a good exercise to learn package handling and of
course they don't look like *too much* work... ;)

The main reason for the package takeover would be to learn package
handling, as I plan to build a few more packages later (among them a Roxen
package, I just won't step forward to do that until I have some experience
with doing that).

A possible third module might be:
> knfs		Kernel NFS tools
But - I am not yet moving to the 2.1 kernel release, so kernel nfs is not
yet an option for me... So, let's postpone that one.

> Some of these packages have had others volunteering to take over the package
> in the past but they have not uploaded any new version and I am still listed
> as the maintainer in the packages file.
When I take over those packages, should I understand the above as to
release a new version of the package fairly soon, only so the package
maintainer gets changed (even if there are no real changes in the
package)?

If you would like me to take over those packages, please let me know.

  Benedikt

signoff

          Hiroshima '45           Chernobyl '86           Windows '95