Re: rogers wave cable access....

What kind of cable modems are they leasing to you?  Zenith?  LAN City?
Or are they doing it some other way?  If so, I can't provide much help
:/

With either the Zenith or the LAN City product, the cable modem is
actaully an ethernet switch/cable modem, and an ehternet card is
installed into your PC.  So, all you need to have are the drivers for
the ethernet card (shouldn't be a big deal, Linux has a ton) and all the
pertinent IP info.

In my "real" (read day) job, I work for Midcontinent Media in Sioux
Falls, SD.  We are attempting to roll out cable access - we already have
it active in a few test markets.  It's going well ... people love the 1
Mbps access speeds, and they like the price.

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff