Re: mgetty: odd request

>The sample config files show how to do this.

HooRAH!  Thanks heaps, that did the trick.  As far as I could tell the docs
were a ... ah ... little 'sparse' but enough was there.

>> Now I would *really* love to log that information for each call to a file.
>> Now I am sure that there must be a way to do this with mgetty but I don't
>> know how.

If anyone else is wanting to know how to do this all you need to do is add
these two lines to your /etc/mgetty.config file (customzed suitably) under
the ports section (ie. you add it for each port):

statistics-chat "" AT OK ATI2 OK
statistics-file /tmp/statistics.ttyC0

Mgetty gets cooler every day :)

Adam.

----------------- Earthlight Communications Limited ----------------
P.O. Box 5301	                Adam Shand 	       (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand       Systems Manager    (voice) +64 3 479 0303