inetd.conf corruption

Hello All:

I recently upgraded some systems from 1.2 to 1.3 and I noticed that the
inetd.conf entry for smbd was missing along with the comments at the top
of the file.  This has happened to all of the machines upgraded over the
last few days.

Could anyone pinpoint the package which is giving this problem?

Is there any way to recover the proper inetd.conf (I know that a number of
packages modify this file)?

Thanks

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                            segre@iit.edu                            *