Solution to irqtune problems

Hi,

I have tracked down the cause of the problems which were reported about
irqtune.

Apparently hwtools does not contain the most recent version of irqtune.

Using irqtune 0.5 will solve your problems.

I have addressed the package maintainer about this.

Two solutions:

1. Wait for the new hwtools package.

2. Get the irqtune 0.5 from the website.
   You don't have to recompile, just copy irqtune_mod.o and irqtune
   from the tar to /sbin . Then change the invocation of
   irqtune in /etc/rc.boot/hwtools from
   irqtune
   /sbin/irqtune

Ciao,