Re: Connecting terminals

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Pilon wrote:
>  : How many terminals can I connect to my PC using the 4 standar serials
>  : ports?. How can I configure Linux for this?
> There is only a hardware limit if you're using standard devices. And you
> should configure each ttySx to use a different IRQ.
>
> Install the mgetty package for the getty-support.

mgetty should not be necessary, agetty (the debian default) works fine for
local terminals.  read the Serial-HOWTO, and ignore the references to
/etc/gettydefs (if you decide to use agetty) and of course read the
appropriate man pages.

-brad

maximill@u.washington.edu - http://weber.u.washington.edu/~maximill