Re: IConnect Corp Debian any good?

Benedict

I am a relative newbie, but I managed to install 1.1 and 1.2 from
iConnect CDs. with only a few glitches. These CDs are a little cranky in
that you have to guess (or ask, I didn't but should have) how to tell
dselect where to find stuff. I gather that you can put symlinks in /tmp
to directories on the CD to make things work like dselect expects.

You can find the list of debian CD manufacturers on teh web page
(www.debian.org).

I think when I upgrade, I'll buy my CD from Dwarf. (Dale Scheetz
<dwarf@polaris.net> ) He is a Debian developer whose Flexible Software
sells CDs. I think that he will be more careful than many in his setup,
so broken CDs should be rare.

--David

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Benedict Chong wrote:

> I bought infomagic's devel resource for the debian stuff and
> apparently it's broken.
>
> So I'm looking at getting something from iconnect (www.i-connect.net).
>
> Are their cdroms any good? Has anyone ordered from them?
>
> All I want is a basic debian linux system set up with X and PPP
> support so that I can download new stuff.
>
> Ben
>

> --

           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper
National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta Force bomb Iran
Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil