Re: text mode 3270 emulator?

On Jun 3, Christian Hudon wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a _text mode_ 3270 terminal emulator for debian
> > (package, pre-compiled or source that compiles under debian)?
>
> There's 'tn3270', but it's not packaged for Debian. I looked at it a while
> ago but it required the NetKit source to compile...
>
> Peter, would you be willing to package it up? Since you're the
> netbase/netstd maintainer, it'd be easier for you than for anyone else. I'd
> be willing to provide help if you have problems doing so...

I can't test the 3270 terminal emulator so I'm probably not the
right person to maintain such a package. You might want to wait
for the NetKit-0.10, it will probably use separate archives for
the networking programs. It would be no problem to just take the
telnet sources and create a separate tn3270 package for Debian
then. If this is not possible for you I'll have a look at the
package.

If you need a current snapshot of the telnet sources please let
me know.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C