Re: converting .hqx files

walt@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca (Walt Tautz) writes:

> What are *.hqx files (mac?), how to I convert them to something
> i can look at them. Apparently i need something that emulates
> BinHex 4.0 -W.T.

BinHex is a kind a of Macintosh uuencode. The resulting file is in low
ASCII and preserves the Mac resource fork.

The debian packages macutils and hfsutils have the tools you need to
look at binhex files. However, if the original file is a StuffIt
archive (as is often the case for .hqx files on the Internet), you'll
need to look further for tools to expand the archive.

Scott

--
Scott Hanson  <shanson@shcon.com>
Johmsweg 9a, D-21266 Jesteburg, Germany    PGP Key ID: 90A8A14D