Re: netscape hung

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Timothy Phan wrote:

The instant you click on anything Netscape goes out looking to
connect. The default is to connect to http://home.netscape.com.
This will cause a temporary "hang" lasting several minutes. It
will then come back with an error message. At that time you will
be able to access the various menus. If you have Navigator, you
can change the default home page in the setting menu. You can
change this to nothing or to a local file, and then no more hang.
This does not seem to work with Communicator. But then the
Communicator beta seems to have several serious problems.

> Hi,
>
>   I'd like to know if anyone here has a quick fixed for netscape
>   hung problem that I'm experiencing.
>
>   Everytime I bring up netscape, it comes up fine.  Once I press
>   a icon button, the netscape will no longer respond.  Ever worse
>   if I press any of the pulldown menu,  it will hang up the whole
>   system because the pulldown menu grab the mouse pointer.  I must
>   reboot..
>
>   BTW, I'm currently not connect to an ISP in Linux just yet.
>
>   Thanks!
>
> --

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
 --------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------