Missing Part 1 of libg++27 On Maui

Aloooha,

The Good News:
I have successfully install Linux on my P200. Using Netscape my gameplan
was to select dunc2.0 so I could use the dial up and ftp features to
download many of your debian packages.

I read somewhere (perhaps the FAQs) that after ppp is installed, the
kernel will need to be recompiled (?).  If this is true, what's involved
here?  Being a novice, all I want to do is find the simplest, easiest
way to be able to ftp.

Here's what I've done so far.
I selected and downloaded dunc 2.0 and related support files using
Netscape from debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/.

The Bad News:
Then, using the dselect function, during the Select section, I notice
that cpp and netstd were in Broken Standard Packages.  I selected them
anyway, and proceed to Install. During the Install process I get the "Oh
dear missing Part 1" message regarding libc6.

So after I checked the version names and numbers, and file sizes which
were all correct, I manually ftped libc6, Packages.gz, cpp and netstd
from debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/. Upon returning to dselect,
completing sections on Access, Update, and Select, during Install I now
get the "Oh dear" message regarding libg++27.

Could you help me?
Signed,
Melody Bohn
Perplexed In Paradise