Re: XDM not allowing logins

Interesting.  I installed 1.3 today, upgrading from 1.2, and, after I
1) killed X, 2) typed "shadowconfig on" (and confirmed its success), and
3) restarted the machine, xdm logins functioned perfectly well, with no
modifications on my part.  (I went to look for xdm-shadow, because I
thought I'd need it, but couldn't find it -- apparently because it has
been outdated by a single, cooler xdm that can do shadow or non-shadow.)
Perhaps I'm just a lucky SOB?

-Chris

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, J.P.D. Kooij wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Jason wrote:
>
> > I just install Debian 1.3 on a fresh system and set XDM to load on startup
> > like I have done before.  But XDM isn't allowing me to logon using root or
> > my normal account.  It just tells me that the password is incorrect.  Does
> > this have something to do with XDM not knowing about shadow passwords?
>
> Exactly (sort of.)
>
> Until this is fixed in xdm
[snip]