Re: Two problems after upgrade to Debian 1.3

In article <[🔎] 339351BB.89D4D46C@nslsilus.org> you wrote:
 > Can someone enlighten me on two problems?&nbsp; I can't&nbsp; seem to solve
 > them with the available documentation

 > <P>1) Irqtune was working for me under v.1.2, but though my configured
 > hardware is the same I now get an error message.&nbsp; Here is the message
 > at boot time:

 > <P>"&nbsp; irqtune: setting system IRQ priority to 3/14
 > <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; irqtune: insmod failed on '/usr/lib/hwtools/irqtune_mod.o'&nbsp;

I get the same thing here, but it hasn't caused any problems, AFAIK it
may be that the kernel it was compiled under is different from the one
that you are using.

 > <P>Should I ignore the second message and assume the priority has been
 > set?&nbsp; (Netscape does crash now and then.)

I don't think it will be set, but this should affect netscape AFAIK.

 > <P>2) On boot up when syslogd starts it hangs for about 8 to 10 seconds.&nbsp;
 > Not a problem I guess, but it didn'tused to do it.

There was a change in the code so that it waits for 10 seconds to avoid a
race condition - nothing to worry about, besides which Debian is so
stable that you hardly ever have to reboot :)

Adrian
--
email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Artificial intelligence - the
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | art of making computers act