Re: ps, pdf viewer

Rich Morin

> Personally to read .pdf files from the screen I really like the acroread
> package.  Unfortunately I couldn't get it to print, but gv worked like a
> charm.  I can't say exactly why, but the fonts are much cleaner, and
> readable in acroread, for me anyways.

Just a wild guess: have you ever checked the Antialias option in the
File-Options menu in gv?  This can greatly enhance readability.  It
however also screwed up some files I made with xfig, not showing the
proper thickness of certain lines.

On a side track,  I really like xfig's functionality for making simple
drawings, or putting multiple eps files together with some additional
text.  However, every version I have seen seems to behave flakey in a
different way, e.g., the version I have now cannot properly display eps
files produced by itself!  Any other xfig userss out there with hints
and tricks?

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032