Re: Debian quality

>--n2rw/3z4jIqBvZU5
>
>On Jun 1, stephen farrell wrote
>>
>> Hm... I've found (so far...) on rather important flaw.  Perhaps I'm
>> missing it, but it appears that xlockmore doesn't know about shadow
>> passwords?
>
>Are you sure you're running the latest version from frozen? (i.e. 4.02-1)
>It's got not problem with my shadow passwords.

That's what I've got.

>Or maybe this is a permission problem... /etc/shadow should be readable by
>group shadow, and xlockmore should be setgid shadow.

Yep... that did it.

Perhaps I didn't set up shadow stuff correctly?  I kind of stumbled
upon it: I noticed references to it, and I typed pwconv (which I
recognized from my solaris systems) and things seemed to work pretty
happily (except xlock), so I figured that this was it.  Is there a
"convert me to shadow" jobber I might not have noticed?

thanks (and sorry for the newbieness--I've just been running debian
for like a week now).

--sf