NIS is broken in Debian 1.3!

Hello,

I asked this once and I got no answers. I know there's at least one
more person in this list with the same problem but we've been unable to
solve it.

The problem: With the lattest versions (unstable) of everything, the NIS
clients are unable to read the maps from the NIS server. No errors are
reported, the ypbind daemon seems to run well, even "ypcat -x" returns the
proper answer, but the fact is, the client can't see the server's user
accounts, groups or aliases files.

NOTE: In my configuration, the NIS server is Debian 1.3 with two
clients, one Debian 1.2 and one Debian 1.3. The lattest has never worked
but the former was just running ok ... until I installed Debian 1.3.

I don't believe I have any problem with my configuration (all the "+"
entries in the passwd, group and aliases files) and the ypbind daemon
connects just fine to the server. So,

Does anybody have a NIS installation running ok with Debian 1.3? I would
appreciate if any one can help me figure out what's going on.

--
Pedro I. Sanchez