Does anyone know of education CD-roms, say French instruction? (using Java?)

Hello, As I running Linux, I was wondering if
any of you are familiar with CD-rom distributers
who provide educational cds employing Java, say, on French
instruction? I ask for Java, since I don't want
to have to install Win95 or some other drivel just
to run a cool CD. I am particularly interested
in learning to read French, not so much to speak it, but
of course, I'm not against speaking it. Perhaps
this message could be forward to the french Debian
people?
-Walter Tautz