alien, xfree86, and other bugs

>alien 5.1 -> 5.2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
>alien (5.2) unstable; urgency=low
>  * Turns out alien has been broken for processing slackware packages
>since
>    version 3.0. It was leaving an /install directory behind. Fixed this.

Joey,

why did you upload only to hamm? Why do you think it is OK to have
broken package in what is even not yet Debian 1.3 and considered to
be the most stable?

And this is not only you who are used to doing this. In my opinion, this
is WRONG. All bug fixes MUST also go to stable (and this is especailly
true for frozen). What this means to me is that I have look through all
those debian-installer messages and make a note what packages in unstable
have to be used instead of "stable" counterparts. But this is not the
worst thing. With "alien" which is actually in binary-all/ this is fine.
But what can I do with packages which are already use libc6?
I don't want to install libc6 because I want to have worry-free
possibility to use commercial developmental suits like Motif and XRT PDS.
(They use libc5 and I think won't have the upgrade for libc6 available for
a long time, and if they will - it costs money!)

And another thing, in the recent discussion on debian-devel about coming
Xfree86 release, I noticed that ALL known bugs are either fixed or
documented. Well, I myself filed a bug to Xfree86 team like a month ago.
Their SVGA server messed up with fonts in my NCR77C22E card so that screen
became unusable after turning off the server or switching to tty virtual
console (I found a workaround- to run svgatextmode to load font, but
that's very inconvenient). Except for automatic bug acknowledgment reply I
didn't get anything from them. Do you think this bug will be fixed (or at
least documented)?

Thanks in advance everyone who would pay attention to that.

Alex Y.