libc6, motif, xfree86 bugs

Hello all.

Could anyone shed some light and explain advantages of switching to libc6?
As far as I can see from discussions the only "safe" bet is to have
everything in libc6. But what should do people who are using commercial
developmental suits like Motif or XRT PDS? As you can guess, they are
compiled against libc5 and will not allow development under libc6.
Of course, there will(?) be upgrades, but they cost money and I haven't
heard of them yet. So, I decided not to switch to libc6. But the problem
is that I wouldn't be able to use packages from hamm with newer versions.
(I could by installing only run-time libc6, but it does not solve all the
problems, since I would want -dev upgrades also!).
So, what's in addition to inconveniences?
Can we have  something like hamm-libc5 with all the packages compiled
against libc5 for people  who can't afford to always be on the bleeding
edge.

And unrelated thing. I filed a bug to Xfree86 team like a month ago.
(I was sure it is not a Debian problem). The thing is that when I
turn off my SVGA server (or just switch to a tty console) the font in my
NCR77C22E card is broken. I can restore it only by running svgatextmode
in a way that it loads its own font. The problem is that except for
automatic reply I didn't get anything from them. Does Debian has any
way to put some pressure on them?

Sincerely,

Alex Y.